GM Diet Indian Recipes
The GM diet is really popular in India because the people of this country are really into vegetarian food choices and they like to keep healthy all the time.
Many women choose this diet as their favorite because it helps them shed weight really fast so they can keep an ongoing steady mostly vegan regime and not get overweight.
Some people say it is even more efficient than the normal diet but a little more harsh for the inexperienced ones.
Mixed Sprouts and corn Recipe:
Mixed Sprouts and Corn work really well together and ends up as a tasty and filling dish that can be eaten by folks that love Indian food and at the same time are trying to lose weight. This recipe also works well if you are on the GM Diet.
- 1 cup mixed sprouts of your choice (chick peas, moong dal, kidney beans)
- 1/2 cup of boiled corn
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger paste
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves(cilantro)
- 1 tbsp fresh grated coconut (optional)
- Cook the sprouts in the water till tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the boiled corn and mix it well.
- Keep this aside. Now for dressing mix ginger, salt, pepper powder, honey and lemon juice.
Before serving mix the corn, sprouts mixture and the dressing. Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.
Moong Dhal and Channa Dhal Kosambari Recipe:
GM diet is at first popular in India mainly because of its vegetarian flavors. However, the General Motors diet has been modified according to the needs of people from different regions of the world. It was then they included the meat (beef) as the source of protein. However, a lot of Indians either eat Chicken or are completely vegetarian. So, the westernized GM Diet won’t appeal them much.
- ¼ cup Channa Dhal & ¼ cup Yellow Split Moong Dhal (both these should be soaked for 3 hours and then drained) 2 medium sized carrots (grated)
- 1 medium size cucumber (peel the outside layer and chop it into small pieces)
- 1 table spoon of coriander (chopped small)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 green chili peppers (also chopped)
- ½ teaspoon ginger (grated)
- For seasoning – Salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl and then add salt, pepper to taste.
- Keep it in a refrigerator and have it whenever you’re hungry.
Moong Dal sprouts with Ripe fruit Recipe:
Another really delicious recipe for Indians that you can use to shed those pounds when you are on your GM Diet. For fruit you have a variety of options from mango, apple, pineapple, grapes, raisins, strawberries, cherries, cantaloupe and pears. This recipe can easily serves 2 people.
- 1 ripe fruit – peel, cut into small pieces, about a cup
- Moong Sprouts – one cup (raw)
- 1 cucumber – peel and cut into small pieces, about a cup
- 2 small green chillies (Finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- First tackle the sprouts, then soak the moong dal overnight.
- Next morning, drain the water from the dal take the muslin cloth and dip it into the water and pour the dal in the cloth and cover loosely.
- Keep that aside. Within a day or two you will see the growth.
- Rinse the dhal (instead of cloth u can use the kitchen paper towel)
- Next, in a big bowl add ripe fruit, moong dal sprouts, chopped cucumber, green chillies, cilantro and salt.
- Mix it well. That’s pretty much it. The dish is ready to be served. Enjoy!!
Carrot Kosambari Recipe:
Quick and easy to prepare, Carrot Kosambari can be a life saver when you are dieting, especially if it is a diet like the GM Diet. Making carrot kosambari is really simple.
- 3 carrots (Grated)
- 4 green chillies (Finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tsp fresh desiccated coconut(optional)
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 1 finely chopped onion(optional)
- 1 finely chopped Tomato(optional)
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl take grated carrots.
- To this add green chillies, coconut and cilantro.
- Add salt to taste and squeeze out a lemon.
- Mix everything and serve.