What is GM Diet?
The saying “Health is wealth” is true in its sense. Anyone can lose weight but losing weight healthily is a challenging task. The GM Diet is a 7 Day Diet Plan for Weight Loss that consists mainly of selected fruits and vegetables and strict amounts of meat or chicken. It can be a difficult diet to follow as it relies mainly on foods that are high in fiber and less in protein, fat, and carbohydrates. At the same time, however, this GM diet plan can be used for a fast-paced weight loss regimen, with up to 10 lbs. lost after successfully completing one diet week.
GM Diet gives the prospect to lose weight by a suitable management plan which is solely prepared by the General Motors Corporation to assist their employees to stay in shape. The GM Diet involves explicit foodstuff consumption per day. This attribute of the diet plan makes it like chalk and cheese from other diet plans and hence it has now become very popular among the masses.
The primary goal of this diet is to reduce weight but healthily which carries good feelings and good looks that lead to a grand acquaintance. It helps you to reduce 10-17 lbs in 7 days. The diet not only purifies and detoxifies your body but also recuperates the mental state and attitude of the person. This diet has now become the part and parcel of quite a few people as this helps both in weight loss and detoxification of the body.
Does the GM Diet Work?
Any normal GM Diet Weight Loss Plan helps to shrink a maximum of one pound per week, on the contrary, the GM diet is famed for its incredible results as it facilitates reduction at a faster rate as compared to any other diet plan. This diet assists to trim down 10 lbs per week. The diet involves mainly fruits, vegetables, and reduced meat servings. It always recommends consuming fruits and vegetables that are low in calories and sugar.
This also gives nutritional value to your diet. Excessive water intake to digest the foods is a must. It fastens up the digestion too. Also, foods that are rich in fiber require water to dissolve the nutrients in the body. This brings a sweeping alteration in the diet intake of the person who follows this diet.
According to nutritional experts, the GM Diet Plan work should go together with regular exercise for up to 30 minutes every day as the diet single-handedly would run off the individual weary and weak. This also increases the body’s metabolism and lends a hand to the individual to enjoy the standard energy levels.
How to Prepare for the GM Diet?
If one wishes to follow the GM Diet, then one should get ready for excessive sweating, infrequent hunger, and temporary weakness. These are the general side effects during the initial few days of the diet regimen. While following this diet, the body requires more water intake, maybe 8-10 glasses each day as the body needs more energy and metabolism and this can be done by keeping the body hydrated.
Also following the diet immediately may lead to incessant muscle pain and weakness, increased body heat, and malaise. This can only be done by the intake of adequate amounts of water in the body. When preparing for the GM diet, alcohol should be avoided as it inhibits the effects of the diet and after following the weight loss management plan for a week the whole effort would be in vain. The excessive fluids remain in the body as alcohol reduces water retention.
Weight Loss Objectives and Goals
- To achieve a proportional weight-height body mass by shedding off the extra pounds
- To detoxify and purify the body
- To have healthy toned muscles through supplemental exercises
- To put a stop to the diseases like hypertension, cardiovascular or arthritis rising from obesity
- Achieving the desired weight by following the diet plan strictly on a daily schedule
- Maintaining the achieved weight allied with the regular exercise in weekly intervals so as to avoid health-related risks like fatigue, etc.
Side Effects of GM Diet
There are few side effects of the diet too as it works at a fast pace. Common side effects experienced by the followers are-
- There is an abrupt weakness in the muscles as the protein content declines in the initial days of the diet plan. This can be synchronized once the system gets used to the nutrients provided during the regimen.
- Dehydration is the common problem spotted by many followers as the fluids present in the body are used for the metabolic processes that lead to persistent thirst.
- In the initial days of the diet plan, one may experience headaches and malaise because of one’s adaptation to the diet which takes time. But this is normal as it takes time to hold up the diet to achieve the desired goals.
The side effects of the GM diet can be managed effectively by-
- The GM Diet Plan must be followed regularly and in order without skipping and hoaxing on the food intake. It turns down the diet useless and a person may gain some extra or unwanted pounds.
- Proper exercise, rest, and water intake allied with the diet plan help the followers to escape from the side effects of the GM diet. By following this regimen the body adapts to the diet plan at a faster approach thus avoiding the side effects. This helps to maintain the diet plan easier and hence shows better effects.
Common misconceptions about Fad Diets
While following the Fad diet, there are some misconceptions coming on the way. To avoid these misconceptions one should have proper knowledge of what one’s doing.
- Many people suggest losing weight by skipping meals but it doesn’t work as starving leads to massive cravings and hence more consumption of food. On the contrary, by following the GM diet you still feel energetic by consuming a smaller amount of food.
- There is a common myth about the Fad diet is that the metabolism of the body slows down at night and if we consume more in the evening then these calories will convert into fat. But this doesn’t hold true as what matters is; what you eat the whole day or the calories consumed and not the time of the day when consumed. But yes, it is not recommended to eat just before going to bed.
- Carbohydrates are a very crucial source of energy in your body. The misconception about carbohydrates is the most familiarized. While consuming carbohydrates one should select those fruits, vegetables, whole grain, brown rice, and cereals that benefit your body and avoid carbohydrates with high sugar content. Less consumption of carbohydrates makes your behavior lethargic and bad-tempered.
- Some people even think that losing weight is a tedious task as they have to abandon the food they love the most. But diet is all about maintaining the equilibrium of your food intake, as whatever you eat should be in self-control.
- Few food industries leave the person in dilemma in taking the decision about consuming the foods which are labeled with low fat. But those food products are high in calories as the sugar is purely turned into fat.
- Consuming 5 meals a day is better than consuming 3 meals a day, as when you skip meals, you feed yourselves with the snacks. It is all about the count of the total calories in a day that one consumes and not how you consume them. So a quick and healthy snack is a worthy idea and it maintains the levels of your energy too.
- We all need fat in our body to remain healthy but in a specific amount and that is too good fat. As the bad fats lead to various illnesses and good fats mitigate the risk of any illness. So before eating any fat, make sure that you are consuming good fats also known as “vital fatty acids” which are healthy for our body and also lower the risk of heart diseases.
- It is also believed that cholesterol is not at all good for our body as it is full of the fat element which is made by the liver. But this is not the truth as our body needs cholesterol in the blood which is used to build cells and form hormones. But keeping in mind, we should consume good cholesterol or HDL (high-density lipoprotein) as it carries the cholesterol away from the arteries and sends it back to the liver. Whereas bad cholesterol should be avoided as the saturated fats in foods having bad cholesterol such as meat, cheese, butter, etc increase LDL (low-density lipoprotein) which vestiges our body.
- The right way to lose weight is to lose the weight in bits and parts and with a well-adjusted and balanced diet to remain healthy forever. Whereas some people have this myth that they can lose weight fast and be healthy. Crash or fad diets sound easy but it ends up with disturbing results as one gain more weight and consumes more. So if you are planning to try a fad diet, you must hire a professional to guide you in the right direction.