Juice fasting also popular as juice cleansing is a detoxification diet plan. It is a fasting period in which a person consumes only vegetable and fruit juices to get the required nutrition and avoid taking any food stuff.
According to the studies, the juice diet supports the natural detoxifying processes, support the body’s natural detox processes, cleanse caffeine, the sugar, refined foods, and other foods depleting energy and make you habitual of living a healthy life. These juice fasts last for a short period of time.
Why juice fasting?
Before following any diet plan it is very important to find the answers to going with that plan. However, the reasons may include detoxification of the body to lose weight, an attempt to curb the unhealthy habits like smoking, overeating, caffeine addiction, drinking soda, etc. Getting rid of the chronic pains, depression, cancer, autoimmune and many other diseases may also be the reason for following the juice diet. Some may choose juice fasting to cleanse and focus on healing particular organs and systems of their body. Hence, juice diet proves to be a healer of so many diseases, which upgrade its usage level and help achieve numerous people their respective health goals.
Safe Juice fasting
Though juice fasting is a renowned and reliable detoxification plan, but it needs to be followed carefully. A little wrong approach or misunderstanding may not get you the desired results or may also turn harmful for you. Since it is better to understand and study the plan carefully before starting following it.
When used carefully and intelligently, juice cleansing can be a wonderful tool to cleanse and detoxify your body and hence getting rid of so many diseases.
However, juice fasting will bear results only if you have a perfect approach towards it. Here’s an overview of certain tips to go on a juice fasting.
How to do a typical Juice Fast
Preparation of a Juice fasting
Before starting with any diet plan you need to prepare your body for that change. Although, it is a bit difficult task, but it helps you stick to the diet plan for long at a later stage. Before following the juice cleanse plan, you need to cut refined sugar, dairy products, caffeine, meat, wheat, etc. from your meals. And, develop a habit of satisfying your hunger with liquid food.
3-Day Juice fast – During a juice fasting, you are allowed to consume only liquid drinks. You can have at least 32 ounces of juice in a day. It can be a smoothie or juice, whatever satisfies your hunger. The juice needs to be sugar and salt-free which means it shall be complete fruit or vegetable juice.
Here’s a brief outline of three days of juice fasting
• Upon waking: lukewarm water with freshly squeezed lemon juice or green tea
• 8-9am: Juice, such as the Apple Juice or green vegetable juice
• 10:30-11:30am: Juice or smoothie (cleansing food)
• 1-2 pm: Juice or smoothie
• 3-4pm: Any juice, such as Apple, carrot, beet, etc.
• 5-6pm: Juice or smoothie
• 6-8 pm: Almond or cashew nut milk or juice.
Effective method of consuming juice:
It is recommended to drink juice slowly rather than gulping it down as it helps in absorbing the nutrients effectively. It is consumed around three hours before going to bed to avoid any heaviness.
What to include in the juices?
Juice can be any, but if you are on a juice fast, it literally means you have some goals to achieve. So, in order to get that health, you definitely need to know what your juice shall include. There are a great variety of fruits and vegetables used to make juice, which counts to be a healthy drink. You can make the juices from beets, spinach, apple, cabbage, leafy greens, cherries, apples, oranges, carrots, apricots, etc. And while you are on fast you are required to stop consuming the juice made from mango, pineapple, kiwi skins, etc.
Perfect time of juicing:
People often make the mistake of juicing for the whole day at once, which affects the quality and efficiency of it. Since the juice becomes stale and effects poorly. So, it is suggested to make juice close to the time you want to drink it. It remains fresh and is more effective.
Alternative to Juice:
As everybody has not got a strong will or controlling power, there may come up the need of switching from juices to some other alternative. In that case, when hunger pangs or one feels hard to control, small snack like a carrot, salad or a piece of fruit can be consumed.
While juice fasting, you definitely need to do a little amount of physical activity. An exercise plan for 30 minutes will help keep your muscles active and will boost the lymphatic and blood circulation.
How to put a healthy end to juice cleansing?
Now, that you are done with your juice fasting, it is important for you to balance your body’s metabolism. Suddenly reintroducing all the food may be a problem. So, all you need to do is take raw or lightly steamed vegetables in order to stay fit and healthy. Along with this, you need to cut on to sugar, caffeine, refined oil, dairy products, etc. as you did while preparation period.
At a later stage you can introduce wheat or meat in your meal plan gradually, but remember you need to balance the portion size and make it in a healthy manner to maintain your health.
- The juice must be eliminated from fresh fruits and vegetables only.
- When done with juice fasting, do not reintroduce all the food at once, do it gradually.
- Drink as much water and juice as you like.
- Chew your food properly when you reintroduce the solid in our meal, it helps to absorb the nutrients easily and prevent gaining.
- In case the organic fruits or vegetables are not available, peel them off or wash them with anti-toxic produce cleaners.
- While you are on a juice fast, keep the exercise intensity low. Hard exercise may lead to the problems as consuming only liquid may not give you enough energy to work out.
- It is suggested to go on juice fasting at least once in a month.
- Try increasing the number of days of fasting when you try it next time.
- Being on juice diet may lead to temporary health issues like a headache, hypoglycemia, bad breath, constipation, tiredness, acne, etc.
- Make sure that you confirm the physician before going on fast.
- Juice fasting is not meant for the pregnant ladies or the patients in the advanced stage of cancer, diabetes, tuberculosis or heart diseases.
- Avoid juice cleansing in the case of mental illness, ulcers or low blood pressure.
- If you find any complications or serious health issues while following this plan, consult your doctor immediately and get treated.