Theory of Fat Flush Diet
The theory behind introducing this diet is that eating the right food at regular intervals elevates the metabolism level of the body and burn the body fat effectively. The diet does not restrict its followers to completely stop taking the fats, rather it advises to take the correct fats, carbohydrates and proteins in a perfect quantity and thus lose weight. However, to let the diet program bring efficient output, it is important that you detoxify the liver and the lymphatic system adequately.
The unique fat flush diet program, include three phases according to which there are certain foods allowed to eat in a proper quantity and there is also the list of foods that is restricted during that phase. This phase factor of this diet plan is actually something that helps its followers lose effectively and flush fat from their body. However, before following the three-phase diet plan of this weight loss diet program, you must be aware of the food components included in this fat flush diet program.
Food Components of Fat flush Diet Program
Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Around 225g of lean protein as eggs, lean meat or fish etc.
- Omega-3 rich fats
- Spices like ginger, cinnamon, mustard, cayenne, etc. to boost up your metabolism level.
- Teaspoon of powdered psyllium husk
- An essential fat from black current seed oil called Gamma Linolenic acid or GLA which activate the brown adipose tissue of the body and assist in weight loss.
Formerly knowing the food components included in the fat flush diet program provoke you to know the specific rules to follow the diet and start with it.
Fat flushing Diet plan Rules:
- Only one protein item allowed per meal, except eggs
- Do not consume milk and meat together
- Avoid taking fruits and vegetables together
- Say No, to the water after meals and take fluid between meals only.
- Eat something after every three hours interval.
As mentioned earlier, the fat flush diet plan comprises of three phases, Here’s the three-phase plan that you actually need to follow and lose weight.
The phase 1 of fat flush diet program continues for two weeks. This plan is literally designed to detoxify the liver and help it burn the fat efficiently. During this phase, you are supposed to drink eight glasses of cran-water, helping to reduce the bloating, thereby cleaning the system and helping lose weight. The phase of this weight loss program allows you to consume only 1100-120 calories per day. Additionally, the program restricts you to consume dairy and milk products completely for two weeks.
The phase 1 diet includes:
- Long life cocktail
- GLA supplements ranging in between 360-400mg twice in a day.
- One tablespoon of organic high-lignan flaxseed oil in unheated food, twice in a day.
- Hot water with fresh squeezed lemon juice before breakfast to detox the liver and the kidneys.
- 225g of lean protein daily.
- Minimum two portions of fruit daily.
- Infinite amount of steamed or raw vegetables
- Spices and herbs
- One beef, vegetable stock or chicken for cooking without salt.
- green beans
- black olives without oil
- Brussels sprouts
- bamboo shoots
- water chestnuts
Lean protein may include:
- Lean beef, veal, or lamb
- Skinless turkey or chicken
- High-protein powder for thickening
- Any fish or seafood
Allowable herbs and spices are:
- coriander, cilantro
- bay leaf
- dried mustard
- apple cider vinegar
Prohibited foods during phase 1 include:
- dairy products
- most herbs and spices
- starchy vegetables such as beans, potatoes, carrots, corn, and peas
- Oils and fats, except flaxseed oil
Execution of phase 1 daily meal plan
- upon waking- a long life cocktail- Prior to breakfast- 237 ml of hot water with lemon juice before breakfast
- Breakfast-vegetable scramble’—two tousled eggs with, green onions, spinach, scallions, and parsley and 8 oz of cran-water
- snack- half bowl of a large grapefruit
- 20 minutes before lunch: 8 oz of cran-water
- Lunch: 4 oz (110 g) of salmon with lemon and garlic, warm asparagus, mixed-green salad with broccoli florets and cucumber, one tablespoon of flaxseed oil, 8 oz (237 ml) of cran-water
- Mid-afternoon snack: 16 oz (474 ml) of cran-water
- 4 P.M. snack: an apple
- 20 minutes before dinner: 8 oz (237 ml) of cran-water
- Dinner: 4 oz (110 g) of grilled lamb chop with a pinch of cinnamon and dried mustard, sautéed kale in soup, parched summer squash with a bit of clove, one tablespoon of flaxseed oil
- Mid-evening: long life cocktail
Like the first phase of fat flush diet program there is no certain time period allotted for phase 2. One can continue following it until one reaches the desired weight goal. The caloric allowance rises to 1200-1500 during this phase. It is designed for continuous weight loss and balance the changes encountered by the body while losing weight.
While the components of the food remain the same during the second phase, the major difference that takes place is the addition of a few carbohydrates in the diet to maximize the carbohydrate amount in the phase 2 diet plan. Following carbohydrates can be added to the list at the rate of one per week:
- butternut squash
- sweet potato
- brown rice
- fresh or frozen peas
Phase 3 allows daily intake of around 1500 calories and is a lifelong weight maintenance program. The diet is comprised of 30% protein, 40% carbohydrates, and 30% fat. Additionally, it may include four carbohydrates per day and two dairy products. Some fruits, gluten-free grains, starchy vegetables, dairy products, and more oils are brought into the diet that can be consumed once in a day, to ensure for any unfavorable reactions.
How it works:
The fat flush diet program is a well-designed weight losing program, that utilizes a detoxification regimen in the beginning and strictly restrict the intake of calories, which boost up the metabolism level of the body and then continues with plan helping to lose weight rapidly. The plan is designed in a way to be followed for the whole life. Because it focuses o reducing the weight rapidly, there are very fewer chances of gaining weight suddenly after changing your routine. Moreover, the third phase of fat flush diet program is for lifetime maintenance of your weight.
Since there are so many weight loss diet programs, it is important for the followers to understand the positive as well as negative aspects of following that schedule. Here is the list of advantages of fat flush diet program:
- Detoxifies and cleanse your liver and lymphatic system
- Achievement of losing around 4.5 kgs in the first two weeks.
- No bloating
- maintaince of weight loss
- Weight loss and body toning simultaneously
- Reduction in the hips, thighs and waist size
- Increase in the metabolism level
- Adoption of healthy lifestyle
- Improves sleep
- Upgrade the energy level of the body
- Eliminate cellulite permanently
- Improve attitude
- Manage hormonal changes
This weight loss program is adequate for the ones who can manage to stick to it for long. The vegetarians may not find it appropriate as it includes lean meat in its diet plan to lose weight rapidly. Vegans may have to add protein powder or amino acid supplement to fulfill the requirement. Moreover, with any diet plan, if the habits are not sustained for long, there are chances of sudden weight gain and other benefits may also get wasted.
Additional precautions that the followers need to be aware of:
- The caloric allowance in first few weeks is too low; it may make you feel low.
- During first few weeks, the diet does not support exercise regimen.
- Though eight hour sleep is sufficient, but one may feel the need of more sleep.
- Medications are suggested to be taken an hour prior or later to the lifelong drink as the fiber rich cocktail may interfere with the digestion of medicine.
The fat flush diet program has so far achieved a lot and will continue to produce the results because of its authenticity. The establisher of the program, Gittleman, Ann Louise showed his dedication in making the people aware of this weight loss program that he published numerous books and periodicals to fulfill that purpose.
hence, to know more about fat flush diet, a weight loss program you can read the below-mentioned books and the periodicals.
Gittleman, Ann Louise. The Fat Flush Cookbook New York: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
Gittleman, Ann Louise. The Fat Flush Fitness Plan New York: McGraw-Hill, 2004.
Gittleman, Ann Louise. The Fat Flush Foods. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2004.
Kirby, Jane. Dieting for Dummies. New York: Wiley, 2004.
Lewis, Kristyn Kusek. ‘America’ Next Diet Craze.’ O: the Oprah Magazine 7 (August 2006): 127-130.
Callahan, Maureen. ‘Fat Flush Diet Review.’ Health Magazine(April 2004).